Crunchy Raisinets Granola is a delicious homemade granola recipe that will stay fresh for up to 3 weeks. Use your favorite nuts or seeds and mix with Raisinets and dried cranberries. Add milk for a quick and easy breakfast, or store in individual air tight bags and keep them at work or in the car for a quick snack while you are on the go.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 cups total of mixed nuts and seeds (chopped pecans, chopped almonds and shelled sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) NESTLÉ RAISINETS Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries or chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Combine syrup and butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds or until bubbly.
COMBINE oats, nuts and seeds and salt in large bowl. Drizzle with syrup mixture; stir to coat. Spoon mixture onto jelly-roll pan or rimmed baking sheet.
BAKE, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool completely in pan on wire rack. Add Raisinets and dried cranberries. Store in sealed container for up to 3 weeks.