Cucumber and Fried Tofu Salad
Cucumber and Fried Tofu Salad is a perfect choice for picnics and outdoor events, or anytime you are looking for a delicious and simple starter.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 block (14 oz.) firm tofu, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large cucumber, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE cucumber, tofu and bean sprouts in large bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour.
COMBINE onion, garlic, seasoning sauce, vinegar, sugar and chili powder in small bowl. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Set aside for 30 minutes.
POUR dressing over cucumber mixture and toss. Sprinkle with cilantro.
SERVE with eggs.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
The salad is very filling and was a perfect companion to a Tai Pumpkin Soup. Both were very easy and my husband loved the dinner!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from Fat: 220
- Total Fat: 25g (38% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (14% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 690mg (29% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 13g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 12g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 45% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.