Cucumber and Fried Tofu Salad is a perfect choice for picnics and outdoor events, or anytime you are looking for a delicious and simple starter.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 block (14 oz.) firm tofu, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large cucumber, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tofu, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cool for 30 minutes.
COMBINE cucumber, tofu and bean sprouts in large bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour.
COMBINE onion, garlic, seasoning sauce, vinegar, sugar and chili powder in small bowl. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Set aside for 30 minutes.
POUR dressing over cucumber mixture and toss. Sprinkle with cilantro.
SERVE with eggs.
Review This Recipe
The salad is very filling and was a perfect companion to a Tai Pumpkin Soup. Both were very easy and my husband loved the dinner!