Curried Chicken with Apricots and Apples has a wonderful blend of flavors. Serve over rice; sprinkle with chopped apple.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 small red apple, coarsely chopped, divided
- Hot, cooked rice
MELT butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and curry powder; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in water, apricots and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
COMBINE yogurt and flour in small bowl; stir into skillet. Stir in 1/2 cup apple. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Serve over rice; sprinkle with remaining apple.
Review This Recipe
Sweet and Oh-So Savory!
I have been making this recipe for many years now. It is definitely sweet, so I usually hold back a bit on the apricots. Also, I use Granny Smith apples, because I like the tartness it infuses.
Read More Reviews