The curry powder imparts a classic taste of India to this Curried Cream of Vegetable Soup. Delicious!!
- 4 cups water
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives (optional)
COMBINE water, carrots, cauliflower, potato, onion, bouillon, curry powder, pepper and Worcestershire sauce in stockpot; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
TRANSFER mixture to blender or food processor (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until almost smooth. Return to stockpot; stir in evaporated milk. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
FOR FREEZE AHEAD:
PREPARE as above; do not sprinkle with chives. Cool soup completely. Place in airtight container; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
HEAT in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
Review This Recipe
Curried Cream of Vegetable Soup
This tasted very good but I left out the curry. I liked it with cornbread.
Read More Reviews