How can something so simple be so delicious? Perfect for a snack and upscale enough for a party, this chocolate bruschetta is sure to impress.
- 1 pound rustic bread loaf, bread round or baguette, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices*
- Olive oil spray or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
PREHEAT broiler. Place bread slices on baking sheet; spray or brush both sides with oil. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from oven; turn off broiler. Sprinkle each piece with about ½ tablespoon morsels.
PLACE baking sheet back in turned off oven; allow morsels to soften for 1 minute (the morsels will get nice and shiny). Remove from oven; spread morsels with small spatula or back of spoon. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately.
* If using bread round and slices are large, just cut in half. You should have about 16 slices total.