Add a touch of tropical to your chocolate truffles! Lime, coconut and sea salt turn regular truffles into a tropical paradise your guests will love.
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 2/3 cups (10 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest plus additional for sprinkling
- Toasted, sweetened flaked coconut
- Coarse sea salt
LINE baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
HEAT cream to a gentle boil in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Remove from heat. Add chocolate. Stir until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted. Stir in 1 teaspoon lime zest. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
DROP chocolate mixture by rounded measuring teaspoon onto prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Shape or roll each into balls. Roll truffles in toasted coconut. Sprinkle each with lime zest and coarse sea salt. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
• To toast coconut, spread on rimmed baking sheet, bake at 350° F until light golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.