These dark chocolate mole truffles have a touch of chile and cinnamon for a sweet and spicy twist. Perfect for gifts or special occasions.
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 2/3 cups (10 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus additional for rolling
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
LINE baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
HEAT cream to a gentle boil in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Remove from heat. Add chocolate. Stir until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted. Stir in chile powder and cinnamon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
DROP chocolate mixture by rounded measuring teaspoon onto prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Shape or roll each into balls. Roll truffles in a mixture of cocoa and a little bit of cinnamon. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.