More than simply sugar and water, this quick Decorator White Icing is flavored with creamy white chocolate and your favorite baking extract. Make up several colors for all your holiday decorating.
- 6 oz. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Baking Bar, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, almond, orange or mint extract
- 1 set paste* or liquid food coloring (optional)
MICROWAVE baking bars and cream in medium, microwave-safe bowl uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The bars may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Transfer to small mixer bowl. Beat in powdered sugar, butter and extract until smooth. Stir in food coloring.
SPREAD or pipe icing onto baked and cooled sugar cookies; decorate as desired. Let stand until icing is set.
Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
* Paste food colorings are available where cake decorating supplies are sold.
Review This Recipe
Great for Cakes
I tried this icing on top of a carrot cake and it was fabulous. It is very yummy and has a great texture, however I did have a hard time decorating with it. It may have just been me since I'm not very practiced at cake decorating.
Read More Reviews