This all-time favorite, Deep-Dish Peach Custard Pie, features sliced peaches nestled in an egg-rich base and topped with streusel topping. Cinnamon and nutmeg add zest and flavor to this incredible dessert.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 3 1/2 cups (about 7 medium) peeled, pitted and sliced peaches
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, chilled
PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
ARRANGE peaches in pie shell. Combine sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in large mixer bowl; beat until smooth. Pour over peaches.
BAKE for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping. Reduce temperature to 350°F; bake for additional 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
FOR STREUSEL TOPPING
COMBINE brown sugar, flour and walnuts in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Review This Recipe
Custard Pie was always my dad's favorite. Peach pie was his second favorite. I know he would have loved this one! I wasn't too sure about it at first, but thought I would try it. It is delicious!
Read More Reviews