This recipe makes a deliciously satisfying chocolate cake in only a few easy steps.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, melted per label directions and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- RICH AND CREAMY CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 oz. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar, melted and cooled
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease two 9-inch-round baking pans. Line bottoms with wax paper circle. Grease wax paper.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with milk, scraping occasionally.
SPREAD into prepared baking pans.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 20 minutes. Invert onto wire racks; remove wax paper. Cool completely. Frost with with Rich & Creamy Chocolate Frosting.
FOR RICH AND CREAMY CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
BEAT butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate until blended, scraping occasionally. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy. If icing is too thick, add milk 1 teaspoon at a time, to desired conisistency. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Review This Recipe
I HAVE NOT YET MADE THIS CAKE DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT DOESN'T SAY HOW MUCH BAKING SODA IS NEEDED.. DOESN'T EVEN SAY BAKING SODA IS NEEDED UNTIL THE DIRECTIONS. HOWEVER.. LUCKY FOR ME.. I KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE THIS CAKE AND CAN LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH I NEED TO USE.. IT IS A DELICIOUS CAKE AND I LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING IT~
Read More Reviews