This zucchini soup is a simple and delicious option for any day of the week. Prepared with smooth evaporated milk, it will help you enjoy a warm family moment.
- 2 lbs. (about 5 to 7) zucchini cut into chunks, divided
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chicken stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
COOK zucchini in a small amount of water in a large saucepan for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
PLACE half zucchini, half evaporated milk, half water and half chicken stock in bowl of food processor or blender container; process until smooth. Place in large bowl. Repeat with remaining halves. Add to bowl and set aside.
MELT butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in zucchini mixture. Season with salt and pepper; cover. Bring to a boil (about 15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
Review This Recipe
Delicious Zucchini Soup
Delicious I just added a pinch of chili powder to give it a little zip
Read More Reviews