This moist, dark chocolate Devil's Food Cake with Mocha Icing is a perfect treat for all occasions.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 13x9-inch baking pan; dust with cocoa.
COMBINE flour, granulated sugar and 1/3 cup cocoa in large mixer bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and vanilla extract; beat for 2 minutes. Combine warm water and baking soda in small bowl; stir until dissolved. Add to flour mixture slowly; stir until well blended. Spread into prepared pan.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
WHISK together powdered sugar, remaining 2/3 cup cocoa and margarine. Add up to 3 tablespoons coffee until frosting is smooth and thick. Frost cake.
Review This Recipe
This is the best Devils food cake that I have had since I was a little girl. Two thumbs up..
Read More Reviews