Devilishly Divine Creamy Tomato Sauce with Meatballs
Devilishly Divine Creamy Tomato Sauce with Meatballs is excellent served over the pasta of your choice. It gets some extra spark from red pepper flakes and the turkey sausage meatballs are easy to prepare.
Feed your family twice, but only cook once! This recipe is already doubled. Just serve your family half and freeze the rest.
- 2 lbs. turkey sausage, uncooked, casings removed
- 1 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 jars (26 fl. oz. each) prepared marinara sauce
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. dry spaghetti or pasta of your choice, cooked, kept warm
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE sausage and breadcrumbs in large bowl. Form mixture into 60, 1-inch meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheet.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain meatballs on papertowel-lined plates.
MEANWHILE, COMBINE marinara sauce, evaporated milk and red pepper flakes in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until simmering. Add meatballs; stir.
SERVE half the sauce and meatballs over cooked spaghetti. Top with parsley, if desired.
• Freeze the remaining sauce and meatballs for another meal. Thaw in refrigerator and reheat in microwave or on stovetop. Serve with pasta of your choice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
A tad to sweet...
I made this dish for my boyfriend because he loves Spaghetti and meatballs. We both enjoyed the dish but found it to be a little too sweet.
Delivishly Devine Creamy Tomato Sauce with Meatbal
I love the easy and delicious recipe! I added pineapple chunks to the dish for added nutrition and color.
devilishly devine creamy tomato sauce with meatbal
this is an easy recipe and very tasty. it was almost too easy.
DEVILISHLY DEVINE CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE WITH MEATBAL
THIS IS A WONDERFULLY EASY RECIPE, MY HUSBAND AND I ARE BOTH DISABLED, AND IT IS NICE TO ONLY HAVE TO COOK ONCE FOR 2 OR MORE MEALS..TRY IT YOU WILL LOVE IT.....
My husband has wanted me to make meatballs and sauce for years. I saw this recipe and decided to try it. I like the idea of baking the meatballs. They cooked evenly. I thought it might make a mess in the oven but did not. I used 1 pound turkey and 1 pound pork sausage. The store only had 1 package turkey sausage. I think I will just adjust the recipe to 1 turkey and 1 pork. The sauce was creamy due to the milk. I like the flavor, it mellowed the tomato in the sauce. We also liked the addition of the pepper flakes. Thanks much!
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 410
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV)
- Sodium: 1060mg (44% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 49g (16% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV)
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 24g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.