Died-and-Gone-to-Heaven Chocolate Cake is deliciously moist with a hint of coffee flavor. Perfect for all occasions.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 9-inch tube pan.
COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large mixer bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, brown sugar, eggs, oil and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Whisk in coffee until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake is set. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
COMBINE powdered sugar, 3 to 4 teaspoons buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and coffee granules to make a smooth icing. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Review This Recipe
died-& - gone-to-heaven chocolate cake
Really very excellent!!! My husband & friends liked it very much. I did for my friend's surprise baby shower. she enjoyed very much. I just added semi sweet chocolate chips in it. Tasted good!!!!!!!
Read More Reviews