Moist and chocolatey, these Disappearing Chocolate Bars will be a favorite with the chocolate fan in your family. Frost them with Creamy Chocolate Icing to make them even more irresistible.
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- Creamy Chocolate Icing (recipe follows)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE sugar, butter, cocoa, eggs, egg white, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Alternately beat in flour and evaporated milk just until blended. Fold in nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost with Creamy Chocolate Icing.
FOR CREAMY CHOCOLATE ICING:
COMBINE 1/3 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Baking Cocoa and 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine in medium bowl; stir well. Alternately stir in 1 cup sifted powdered sugar and 1/4 cup CARNATION Evaporated Milk. Stir vigorously until smooth.
Review This Recipe
These sure do disappear can't keep them around my house.OH SO GOOD
Read More Reviews