Dominican Chicken & Rice gets its great flavors from sautéed onions, garlic and green peppers combined with spices and a flavorful tomato sauce.
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablets, divided
- 2 pounds skinless chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
CRUSH 1 bouillon tablet and sprinkle on both sides of chicken pieces. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken on all sides until browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
ADD chicken, water, tomato sauce, remaining bouillon tablet, oregano and thyme. Mix well; stir in rice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 30 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender. Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped cilantro.
Review This Recipe
I followed the directions except
I used brown minute rice. Came out perfect