These peanut butter-filled chocolate thumbprint cookies are a must with a tall glass of ice-cold milk.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chunky or creamy peanut butter (not all-natural), divided
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Melt 1 cup morsels in a small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth. Beat sugar, 1/3 cup peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in melted chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in cocoa mixture. Stir in remaining morsels. Cover; refrigerate just until firm.
SHAPE dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; press thumb into tops to make about 1/2-inch-deep depressions. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter.
BAKE for 10 to 15 minutes or until sides are set but centers are still slightly soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
These were exceptional..thanks for the great recipe. I love baking cookies and this is one I will keep.
Read More Reviews