Savory breakfast sausage adds a ton of flavor to this simple biscuits 'n gravy recipe. It's practically a meal in itself but don't be shy about adding eggs and hash browns for a hearty brunch.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 8 biscuits, kept warm
COMBINE sausage and onion in large skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in flour; mix well. Stir in evaporated milk, water, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
SERVE immediately over biscuits.
Review This Recipe
Very good and works just as well substituting bacon for sausage.
Read More Reviews