Down-Home Sausage Gravy Over Biscuits
Savory breakfast sausage adds a ton of flavor to this simple biscuits 'n gravy recipe. It's practically a meal in itself but don't be shy about adding eggs and hash browns for a hearty brunch.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 8 biscuits, kept warm
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SERVE immediately over biscuits.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
This made a delicious breakfast and lunch dish we all loved. It was easy to make and worth it.
I absolutely LOVE sausage gravy, however, I love it on Pancakes, instead of biscuits.
I have made this recipe at least 50 times in the past 2 years. Everyone of my family and friends DEMAND it for breakfast when they are here!
It wasn't that bad. I don't like onions in it. I also like to use some garlic powder, and steak seasoning in it.
Best ever gravy
I used the gravy with homemade biscuits when my son wanted a brunch for his birthday meal. There was nothing left. We don't have to go out for biscuits and gravy any more!!!! Thanks Carnation
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 200
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (20% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (8% of DV)
- Sodium: 440mg (18% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 15g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 17g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.