Easy Baked Abuelita and Banana Empanadas are perfect for family or entertaining and add a festive flair to any event. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and serve with whipped cream.
- 12 (one 11.6-ounce package) frozen store-bought empanada dough discs, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablets (90 grams each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 small ripe bananas, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease large baking sheets.
COMBINE sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; reserve.
HEAT Abuelita chocolate and cream in small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth; remove from heat. Beat cream cheese and melted Abuelita chocolate until mixed well. Fold in chopped bananas.
PLACE 2 heaping tablespoons Abuelita mixture in center of each pastry disc. Wet edges with water; fold in half and crimp edges with fork. Place empanadas on prepared baking sheets; brush lightly with oil and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with whipped cream.