This recipe is a quick and easy take on ceviche. The fish is cut into small chunks and then topped with a salsa made from tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice. This makes a delicious appetizer for entertaining on a hot summer day.
- 4 (4 ounces each) orange roughy filets or other mild white fish, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 tomatoes, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large jalapeño, rinsed, stem removed and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 key limes, juiced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 24 tortilla chips
- 2 avocados, chopped
PLACE fish in a medium glass bowl; gently pour in lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 20 minutes or until fish is “cooked” through and turns white.
PLACE tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, water, lime juice and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are in small chunks. Do not liquefy.
PLACE fish in serving bowls; top with salsa. Refrigerate any remaining salsa in tight sealed container.
SERVE with chips and avocado.