This recipe is a quick and easy take on ceviche. The fish is cut into small chunks and then topped with a salsa made from tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice. This makes a delicious appetizer for entertaining on a hot summer day.
- 4 (4 ounces each) orange roughy filets or other mild white fish, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 tomatoes, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large jalapeño, rinsed, stem removed and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 key limes, juiced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 24 tortilla chips
- 2 avocados, chopped
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, water, lime juice and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are in small chunks. Do not liquefy.
PLACE fish in serving bowls; top with salsa. Refrigerate any remaining salsa in tight sealed container.
SERVE with chips and avocado.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 190
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (7% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (4% of DV)
- Sodium: 230mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 17g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (21% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 11g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 35% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.