Easy Chicken Cacciatore
Easy Chicken Cacciatore is ready in 20 minutes and features wonderful Italian flavors.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (about 1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD sauce and water to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in cooked rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Easy and delicious
This was one of the easiest recipes I have made in a long time and very yummy. I marinated and tenderized my chicken before hand for extra flavor and tenderness. I also let it simmer a little longer than the recipe calls for. I will add more veggies next time and more sauce as it was not as jiucy as we like it. I will make this again!
I made this dish and no doubt it was easy but it needed more spice and more vegetables. It was good but next time I will add something to spice it up as well as more vegetables.
I have made this a few times and it always comes out wonderful. I've made for company as well and all asked for recipe. I think the chicken comes out a little more tender if you let it simmer an extra 10 mins. or so. Then it just falls apart. DELICIOUS!
GOOD AND EASY
I WAS LOOKING FOR A LONG TIME TO FIND A EASY RECIPE LIKE THIS . MY WHOLE FAMILY LOVED IT! I WILL DEFINETLY MAKE THIS AGIAN!!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 318
- Calories from Fat: 52
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (6% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 66mg (22% of DV)
- Sodium: 562mg (23% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 34g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 31g
- Vitamin A: 12% of DV
- Vitamin C: 55% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 12% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.