Easy Chicken Primavera
This Easy Chicken Primavera recipe makes a great meal for most occasions. Family and guests will enjoy the flavors.
- 1 cup whole baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 cup 2-inch asparagus pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 4 (about 1 lb. total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into stips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 container (10 oz.) BUITONI Refrigerated Alfredo Sauce (10 oz.)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) Romano cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Melt remaining butter in same skillet. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
STIR in chicken, sauce, cream, cheese, tarragon, salt, oregano and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in carrots and asparagus; heat through.
SERVE over pasta or rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I made my own sauce with soy cheese, and soy milk and used rice pasta to make it gluten free. It still came out pretty tasty and wasn't too difficult using frozen veggies to cut prep. time. Family enjoyed- kids thought it was fancy mac 'n cheese and ate it up.
This recipe was absolutely delicious, with not much work involved. I used ALL carrots instead of asparagus. Just prepare and toss with the pasta of your choice!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.