This Easy Chicken Primavera recipe makes a great meal for most occasions. Family and guests will enjoy the flavors.
- 1 cup whole baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 cup 2-inch asparagus pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 4 (about 1 lb. total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into stips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 container (10 oz.) BUITONI Refrigerated Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) Romano cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
PLACE carrots in vegetable steamer; steam for about 5 minutes. Add asparagus; steam for 5 minutes or until tender.
MELT 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Melt remaining butter in same skillet. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
STIR in chicken, sauce, cream, cheese, tarragon, salt, oregano and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in carrots and asparagus; heat through.
SERVE over pasta or rice.
Review This Recipe
This recipe was absolutely delicious, with not much work involved. I used ALL carrots instead of asparagus. Just prepare and toss with the pasta of your choice!
Read More Reviews