Easy Chili Garlic Omelet
Onions, shiitake mushrooms, red bell peppers and a delicious sauce make this Easy Chili Garlic Omelet recipe a beautiful dish that is great for lunch, brunch or breakfast. Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 5 large organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 small green onion, finely chopped
- 2 small fresh shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT 2 tablespoons canola oil in medium, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl skillet to coat. Add egg mixture. With a spatula, lift the edges of the omelet so the uncooked egg runs underneath. Continue cooking without stirring until the omelet is almost firm on top and browned underneath.
TURN omelet on to a heatproof plate. Add remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil to pan, carefully flip the egg back into the pan and brown the other side. Cut in wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from Fat: 170
- Total Fat: 19g (28% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (15% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 270mg (90% of DV)
- Sodium: 460mg (19% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 4g (1% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.