These easy chocolate chip and peanut butter cupcakes combine all-time flavor favorites. Simply add semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels and peanut butter to your favorite cake mix and frost with prepared chocolate frosting. These will melt in your mouth!
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 container (16 oz.) prepared chocolate frosting
- 1/4 cup additional creamy peanut butter for drizzle, warmed* (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Paperline 24 muffin cups.
MIX cake mix according to directions reducing oil to 1/4 cup and adding 1/2 cup peanut butter. Stir in 1 1/4 cups morsels. Fill each cup 2/3 full.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
COMBINE frosting, 1/2 cup morsels and remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter in medium bowl. Spread cupcakes generously with frosting, drizzle with warmed peanut butter and top with remaining morsels.
* To warm peanut butter, place peanut butter in small, plastic food storage bag; seal. Squeeze bag gently to warm peanut butter. Cut small hole from corner of bag and squeeze to drizzle.