Easy Dark Chocolate Stout Brownies
Beer in a brownie may seem unconventional, but the malt actually adds depth by intensifying the chocolate flavor. The flavor profiles in a stout often have notes of cocoa, espresso and spices, making it a perfect addition to brownies.
- 1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup stout beer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT 1 cup morsels and butter in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Stir in granulated sugar, beer, vanilla extract and salt with a whisk or wooden spoon.
ADD eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in flour. Fold in remaining 2/3 cup morsels. Spread into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 38 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/25 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g (14% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (28% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (9% of DV)
- Sodium: 30mg (1% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 14g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 14g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 0% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.