Easy Lemon Bars
Lemon bars are a classic American dessert composed of a shortbread crust topped with a simple, tangy lemon filling. We’ve simplified the traditional recipe by using sweetened condensed milk.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk or NESTLÉ CARNATION Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- Grated peel from one lemon
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT butter, powdered sugar and salt in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour on low speed just until combined (mixture will be crumbly). Press dough onto bottom of prepared pan.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
WHISK together egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon peel until smooth. Pour over crust. Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
REFRIGERATE for 2 hours or until firm. Using foil overhang, lift onto a work surface; cut into 20 bars. Dust with additional powdered sugar before serving. Bars will hold, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Cook’s Tip: Place baking pan with lemon bars in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/20 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 5g (8% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (16% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 55mg (18% of DV)
- Sodium: 50mg (2% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 24g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.