Kids and adults are going to love these sinfully sweet no-bake butterscotch coconut bars. Easy to make with only six ingredients, these are a great treat to create with the kids in the kitchen. For other fun flavor combinations, try using premier white morsels or milk chocolate morsels in place of the butterscotch morsels.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 4 cups corn flake cereal
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
LINE 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil leaving an overhang on two sides. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
HEAT marshmallows, butter and salt in large, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes, until smooth. Remove from heat. Add 1 cup morsels; stir until melted.
WORKING QUICKLY, stir in corn flakes, coconut and remaining 2/3 cup morsels until coated. Spread mixture into prepared baking pan with greased spatula, pressing down lightly. Cool for 2 hours or until set. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into bars with serrated knife.
• For a delicious variation, substitute 2 cups (12-oz. package) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels or 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. package) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Butterscotch Flavored Morsels.
• To toast coconut, bake at 350º F until light golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.