Easy Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps
Easy Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps have a wonderful medley of flavors and textures. Marinated in a sweet chili sauce, thinly sliced beef is cooked with finely chopped onions and garlic. This delectable mixture is spooned into crispy lettuce leaves and garnished with sliced green onions, cilantro and chopped roasted peanuts. This tasty and eye-catching recipe was a winner in our MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce employee recipe contest.
- 1 lb. tender cut beef, sliced thin across the grain
- 1/3 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and marinade, chopped onion, garlic and chile; cook, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink. Cut head of lettuce in half and carefully separate leaves.
SPOON beef mixture into lettuce cups; top evenly with green onions, cilantro and peanuts.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Compliments to the chef, no wonder it won first place. Very easy to make and the tase was delightful.
Tasty and Healthy
It's a quick meal that is healthy, fresh and ready for summer.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 530
- Calories from Fat: 330
- Total Fat: 37g (57% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 10g (52% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 75mg (26% of DV)
- Sodium: 400mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (14% of DV)
- Sugars: 14g
- Protein: 28g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.