Indulge in a soon-to-be holiday favorite with this taste-tempting egg nog ice cream pie. Whipped topping borders a ginger cookie crumb crust that serves as a delightful base for a holiday dessert.
- 20 ginger cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 carton (1.5 quarts) Egg Nog DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Creram or Egg Nog DREYER'S or EDY'S Limited Edition Frozen Dairy Dessert
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Grated fresh nutmeg (optional)
COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in large bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate. Freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm. Place ice cream in refrigerator for 15 minutes to soften.
SPREAD softened ice cream evenly into frozen crust. Pipe or spoon whipped topping around border of pie. Freeze for several hours or until firm.
TO SERVE, cut pie into 8 wedges. Place on dessert plates and sprinkle with nutmeg.