Egg Salad Sandwiches
Try this twist on the classic egg salad sandwich with pesto as the secret ingredient. Sliced eggs and fresh greens offer a great way to use those extra hard boiled eggs.
- 1 whole-wheat baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices (need 16 slices total)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Reduced Fat Pesto with Basil (7 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 to 6 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE bread slices on baking sheet; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Broil for about 30 seconds or just until lightly toasted. Turn slices over; broil for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from oven.
COMBINE pesto, vinegar and mustard in small bowl; whisk until smooth. Spread 1 teaspoon pesto vinaigrette over 8 bread slices. Top with small piece of lettuce, 2 slices of tomato and 3 slices of egg. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons pesto vinaigrette. Top with remaining bread slices to create sandwiches. Serve any remaining pesto vinaigrette alongside sandwiches.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 250
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (16% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (12% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 110mg (37% of DV)
- Sodium: 560mg (23% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 30g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 10g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.