Bursting with colors and flavors, these Egg & Vegetable Salad Cups feature cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, summer squash or your choice of vegetables gently tossed in Dijon mustard sauce with a touch of tarragon or basil. This is a great recipe for easy entertaining or to delight your family.
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped zucchini or summer squash
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup lowfat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh tarragon or basil
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Milk (optional)
- 4 red cabbage cups
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
COMBINE eggs, cucumber, zucchini, onion and carrot in large bowl.
COMBINE mayonnaise, mustard, 1 tablespoon milk, tarragon and paprika in small bowl; stir well. Pour over egg mixture; toss gently to coat. If desired, gently stir in enough additional milk to make desired consistency.
PLACE cabbage cups on 4 salad plates; spoon salad into cabbage cups. Arrange tomatoes in cabbage cups.