Have a cheerful start to your morning with some sugar and spice and everything nice. The distinct flavor of eggnog paired with the creamy taste of Carnation, takes traditional French toast to a new level.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices (1/2-inch-thick) firm, day-old bread, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup (optional)
BEAT eggs,evaporated milk, sugar, rum extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in shallow dish until well blended. Place 4 slices bread into egg mixture turning over to evenly moisten both sides.
MEANWHILE, spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Transfer prepared bread to skillet in single layer. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove slices to serving platter. Repeat with remaining bread slices, spraying skillet with cooking spray if necessary. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with syrup.
• 3 tablespoons rum can be substituted for rum extract. Remove 3 tablespoons liquid before adding.
Review This Recipe
Fun for breakfast
I substituted 1 teaspoon of pure orange extract for 1 teaspoon of the rum. Very pleasant addition. Also be sure to used FIRM bread no thicker than 1/2-inch,.
Read More Reviews