Eggnog-Spiced French Toast
Have a cheerful start to your morning with some sugar and spice and everything nice. The distinct flavor of eggnog paired with the creamy taste of Carnation, takes traditional French toast to a new level.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices (1/2-inch-thick) firm, day-old bread, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MEANWHILE, spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Transfer prepared bread to skillet in single layer. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove slices to serving platter. Repeat with remaining bread slices, spraying skillet with cooking spray if necessary. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately with syrup.
• 3 tablespoons rum can be substituted for rum extract. Remove 3 tablespoons liquid before adding.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Great morning breakfast
This is one of my favorite dishes to do for a Holiday morning breakfast or brunch. Even Easter, which is just around the corner.
Fun for breakfast
I substituted 1 teaspoon of pure orange extract for 1 teaspoon of the rum. Very pleasant addition. Also be sure to used FIRM bread no thicker than 1/2-inch,.
a new tradition!
I made this for our Christmas morning breakfast. It was quick & easy as well as delicious. I think it will become a holiday tradition in our household.
We made this for breakfast Thanksgiving weekend and it was delicious! It put us into the holiday spirit!
Disappearing french toast
You need to make a double batch because this won't last long everyone would like to have more.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 450
- Calories from Fat: 120
- Total Fat: 14g (21% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (37% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 140mg (47% of DV)
- Sodium: 680mg (28% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 67g (22% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 28g
- Protein: 15g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.