Egyptian Coconut Beef
Egyptian Coconut Beef features a delicious, fresh-tasting creamy sauce with peas and corn and a hint of basil. This is perfect for a special family meal to explore new flavors or great for entertaining.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 1 can (14 fluid ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD coconut milk, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in peas, corn, basil, sugar, lemon peel and fish sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
SERVE with cooked rice.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.