A deliciously seasoned cheese and bread crumb mixture creates a golden crispy topping for this Egyptian-inspired Oven-Baked Fish recipe. Works well with halibut, mahi mahi, and other white fish to create a uniquely beautiful and tasty main course.
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound white fish fillets (such as halibut or mahi mahi)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
DISSOLVE bouillon in water; set aside.
MIX cheese, bread crumbs, green onion, parsley, mustard, turmeric and pepper in medium bowl.
COAT 13 x 9-inch baking dish with melted butter; place fish in baking dish. Pour bouillon mixture over fish; top with bread crumb mixture.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.