Escalloped Celery Cheese Casserole is a unique recipe that is great to try as a side dish when you are looking for something different to serve. Celery lovers will adore you for this one!
- 1 package (10 oz.) STOUFFER'S Welsh Rarebit, defrosted according to package directions
- 3 cups celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease 1½-quart baking dish.
COOK celery and water in small saucepan for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
COMBINE celery, welsh rarebit, sherry and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl; transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs and cheese.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden brown.