Topped with a delicious cream, and sprinkled with powdered sugar and fresh fruit -- your guests will think you spent all day in the kitchen making this very special dessert!
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 16 large (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Assortment of sliced fresh fruit (such as mangoes, blueberries, raspberries, kiwis)
DISSOLVE cornstarch in water in small bowl; set aside. Heat evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and syrup in medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; add the cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil again; stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Pour into medium bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until well chilled.
CUT up the tortillas in the shape of stars* by using a cookie cutter and tracing the edges with a knife. Add vegetable oil to 1/4-inch depth in large skillet; heat over high heat 1 to 2 minutes. Fry stars until lightly browned (done very quickly). Drain on paper towels.
SPRINKLE stars with powdered sugar. Serve with cream and fruit.
* NOTE: Tortillas can also be cut into triangles.
Review This Recipe
fritters n cream
Loved It. Something different and its good for younger ones, grand kids just loved it. THX
Read More Reviews