Fennel & Apple Salad with Apple Vinaigrette
This fresh Fennel & Apple Salad features thinly sliced apples and fennel together covered with a sweet and tangy apple vinaigrette. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and glazed pecans for a delicious side dish.
- 1 1/2 cups Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 small red apples, washed, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 small fennel bulbs, washed and thinly sliced (4 cups total)
- 2 to 3 slices red onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped glazed pecans
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
TO ASSEMBLE: Alternately stack layers of fennel and apple (and onion if using) on salad plates. Drizzle with apple vinaigrette. Sprinkle with pecans, blue cheese and thyme leaves.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from Fat: 170
- Total Fat: 19g (29% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 5mg (2% of DV)
- Sodium: 490mg (20% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 33g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 6g (24% of DV)
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 60% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.