This fresh Fennel & Apple Salad features thinly sliced apples and fennel together covered with a sweet and tangy apple vinaigrette. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and glazed pecans for a delicious side dish.
- 1 1/2 cups Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 small red apples, washed, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 small fennel bulbs, washed and thinly sliced (4 cups total)
- 2 to 3 slices red onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped glazed pecans
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves
BRING Juicy Juice to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cook for 20 minutes or until juice is reduced to ½ cup. Cool to room temperature. (Juice can be refrigerated in covered container for up to 2 days.) Whisk in vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
TO ASSEMBLE: Alternately stack layers of fennel and apple (and onion if using) on salad plates. Drizzle with apple vinaigrette. Sprinkle with pecans, blue cheese and thyme leaves.