Festive Colorful Rice is full of great flavors and colors. Green soybeans (edamame), red bell peppers, garlic, eggs and a wonderful combination of sesame oil and soy sauce make this dish a hit! Toasted nuts for a garnish adds a final flair.
Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shelled frozen green soybeans (edamame)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or other nuts (optional)
- MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
BEAT eggs, green onions and seasoning sauce in medium bowl. Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat; swirl to coat wok. Add egg mixture; swirl to evenly cover bottom of wok. Cook, without stirring, for 30 to 40 seconds or until eggs are firm and brown on bottom. Turn eggs and brown other side. Cut eggs into small pieces with spatula. Remove from wok.
HEAT remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in same wok or skillet. Add garlic; stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in soybeans; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add red bell pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in rice and soy sauce; cook, stirring constantly, until rice is heated through. Return egg mixture to wok; mix well. Garnish with sesame oil and nuts. Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.
Review This Recipe
Healthy alternative to chinese food
Like eating chinese food without all the grease, I added a little chicken and turned it in to main dish.