Festive Colorful Rice
Festive Colorful Rice is full of great flavors and colors. Green soybeans (edamame), red bell peppers, garlic, eggs and a wonderful combination of sesame oil and soy sauce make this dish a hit! Toasted nuts for a garnish adds a final flair.
Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shelled frozen green soybeans (edamame)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or other nuts (optional)
- MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in same wok or skillet. Add garlic; stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in soybeans; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add red bell pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in rice and soy sauce; cook, stirring constantly, until rice is heated through. Return egg mixture to wok; mix well. Garnish with sesame oil and nuts. Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Healthy alternative to chinese food
Like eating chinese food without all the grease, I added a little chicken and turned it in to main dish.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 410
- Calories from Fat: 170
- Total Fat: 19g (30% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (12% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 160mg (53% of DV)
- Sodium: 1230mg (51% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 44g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (17% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 14g
- Vitamin A: 30% of DV
- Vitamin C: 100% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.