This colorful and tasty Festive Eggnog Cake uses yellow cake mix as a base so it will go together quickly. The additions of the rum extract and vanilla pudding mix will take the basic cake mix to a new level of delicious. The colorful morsels help add a festive touch.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) French vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) French vanilla or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons rum or brandy extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Holiday Morsels, divided
- 1 container (16 oz.) cream cheese frosting
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl for 1 minute or until frothy. Add cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, rum extract and nutmeg. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of morsels. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels over batter.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread frosting over cake. Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup morsels.