Add interest and color to Fettuccine Alfredo by including your favorite meat or vegetable combinations. Some popular additions include cooked chicken, shrimp or crumbled bacon, as well as peas, finely chopped red bell pepper or broccoli florets.
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine (9 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated provolone cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour. Gradually add evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in Parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, cayenne pepper and black pepper until cheese is melted. Toss with pasta; serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Smelled great, tasted bland
As it was cooking, the sauce smelled wonderful. However, it had little flavor. I had to doctor it up with various seasonings. I am disappointed with this recipe and feel it is not worth the time it took to make it.
Good, with the changes I made
Great start to the sauce. I cooked some chicken in the butter, made the roux and applied the rest of the recipe using mozarella and monterey jack cheese, and added the chopped chicken. Very good!
Easy and wonderful!
My kids are so picky, I thought for sure they would turn down this too, but to my surprise they loved it!
This is wonderful and easy. The family just loves it.
WOW! This meal is great! I usually double it to feed my family of 4. Great sauce! This is definately my upmost favorite meal on this site!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 440
- Calories from Fat: 190
- Total Fat: 21g (33% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (64% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 95mg (32% of DV)
- Sodium: 620mg (26% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 44g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (10% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 19g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 35% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.