Add interest and color to Fettuccine Alfredo by including your favorite meat or vegetable combinations. Some popular additions include cooked chicken, shrimp or crumbled bacon, as well as peas, finely chopped red bell pepper or broccoli florets.
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated provolone cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour. Gradually add evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in Parmesan cheese, provolone cheese, cayenne pepper and black pepper until cheese is melted. Toss with pasta; serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
My family loves this recipe and keeps requesting it over and over again. I add grilled chicken breast on top for protein. And of course, I would never let them know how simple it is to make.
Read More Reviews