The subtle blending of tomatoes, cream and vodka make this indulgent fettuccine dish sophisticated enough for unexpected company yet quick and comforting for everyday fare.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 ounces ham, chopped
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, basil and oregano; cook until onion is tender. Add tomatoes and juice and ham; cook for 5 minutes. Add vodka; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in cream and cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
TOSS pasta with sauce mixture. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Review This Recipe
Some last minute dinner plans were cancelled and instead I had to make a romantic dinner for my boyfriend and I. The old addage that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is certainly true - he LOVED this dish, and it was so easy to make. Enjoy!
Read More Reviews