Add color to your plate with this simple recipe for BUITONI Fettuccine with Peas, Leeks and Thyme. Using fresh or frozen peas and leeks, this understated pasta dish will become your new go-to recipe. Serve with a thin slice of crisp bread.
Another extraordinary recipe from the chefs at Casa Buitoni®.
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh leek
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves removed and stems discarded
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
PREPARE pasta according to package directions, reserving ½ cup cooking water. While pasta is cooking, prepare leek mixture.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek; cook, stirring frequently, until softened and golden. Stir in peas; cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
ADD reserved pasta cooking water, thyme leaves and cheese; stir in gently. Toss pasta with leek mixture. Season with salt and pepper.