Fettuccine with Red Bell Pepper and White Beans and a fresh Italian parsley garnish make this a colorful and hearty version of a classic pasta dish.
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Fettuccine, prepared according to package directions, kept hot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) great Northern white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 1/4 cup water
- BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
MELT butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
STIR in beans, water, bouillon and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook, stiring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
SERVE over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.