You will love this delicious Fiesta Corn Bread. Moister than most corn breads, this one is made special with evaporated milk, cheese and mild green chiles.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 can (7 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
PREHEAT oven to 375º F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE flour, cornmeal, cheese, chiles, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; mix well. Add evaporated milk, vegetable oil and eggs; stir just until moistened. Spread into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; cut into squares. Serve warm.
Review This Recipe
i love this corn bread recipe you can actually adapt it to your taste i have added corn instead of chiles and added chocolate chips intead of cheese and chiles.
Read More Reviews