Fiesta Taco Skillet
This Fiesta Taco Skillet is a perfect combination of Mexican-style corn, taco seasoning and corn meal and creates a wonderful, aromatic meal.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 packet (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal, (see note below)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COOK beef in well-greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in corn, water and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens. Top with cheese.
COMBINE corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine evaporated milk and egg in small bowl; mix well. Add milk mixture to corn meal mixture; stir just until blended. Spread over top of meat-cheese mixture.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
NOTE: May also use ALBERS White Corn Meal.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Fiesta Taco SkilletWe love
We love it and it is so easy to prepare. But would love to know the nutritional breakdown.
AMAZING recipe!! been cooking this one for a while now and the family always loves it!
Fiesta Taco Skillet
Overall I thought this was a pretty good recipe. I used the wrong size skillet so the cornbread took longer to cook through. I would make it again using the right skillet.
sour cream on the top
I like to eat sour cream with this Taco Skillet . ENJOY I WILL .
21yr. Old Son Loved It
This recipe was quick and easy. I added onion,garlic and jalopino pepper and used jiffy corn bread mix. Turned out great
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 490
- Calories from Fat: 210
- Total Fat: 23g (36% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 11g (57% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 120mg (40% of DV)
- Sodium: 1380mg (57% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 43g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 26g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 35% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.