Fig Bran Muffins are a great choice for breakfast or a snack. Enjoy these tasty muffins with cream cheese or jam.
- 1/2 cup all-bran cereal
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 2 packets No Sugar Added Classic French Vanilla Flavor CARNATION BREAKFAST ESSENTIALS® Complete Nutritional Drink
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease or paper-line 6 muffin cups.
COMBINE cereal and milk in small bowl; soak for 2 minutes. Stir in egg and vegetable oil. Combine flour, figs, Carnation® Instant Breakfast, sugar, and baking powder in large bowl. Stir cereal mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
BAKE for 12 to 14 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool.
Review This Recipe
These are actually pretty healthy and good!
Healthy and good...this is it! I used equal instead of sugar, and added more figs. Excellent for a morning on-the-run breakfast!