Youngsters will love discovering dinosaurs in these great Fossilized Egg Nest Chewies. A fun treat for the kids.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup toffee baking bits
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 cup yogurt-covered raisins
- 36 Gummi dinosaur candies
PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined oats, flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in coconut, toffee bits and morsels; mix well.
DROP heaping tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press 3 yogurt-covered raisins into top of each cookie.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. (Cookies should be soft in center.) Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks. Immediately press Gummi dinosaur into top of each cookie. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
* For old fashioned oats, add 2 tablespoons additional flour.
Review This Recipe
Great fun for all dinosaur lovers!
These cookies are easy to make and taste as good as they look. A great treat for kiddies of all ages.
Read More Reviews