Youngsters will love discovering dinosaurs in these great Fossilized Egg Nest Chewies. A fun treat for the kids.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup toffee baking bits
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 cup yogurt-covered raisins
- 36 Gummi dinosaur candies
PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined oats, flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in coconut, toffee bits and morsels; mix well.
DROP heaping tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press 3 yogurt-covered raisins into top of each cookie.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. (Cookies should be soft in center.) Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks. Immediately press Gummi dinosaur into top of each cookie. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
* For old fashioned oats, add 2 tablespoons additional flour.
Review This Recipe
Fossilized Egg Nest Chewies
My kids had fun shopping for the eggs and decorations, and then making them with me. The cookies are yummy and very rich and decadent. They would be a hit for the adult crowd without all of the toppings too. I'll make more so the kids can take them in to school as a treat!
Read More Reviews